Bookings shall be confirmed in writing (E-mail or fax).
Bookings will be considered confirmed only when the booking is accompanied by a deposit valued at 30% of the tour price, at which time receipt has been acknowledged by our bank. The remaining 70% must be paid four weeks before the tour begins. Please see the payment section below to see our acceptable forms of payment.
2. Cancellations and Refunds
All cancellations of any reservation must be in writing, either by e-mail or fax and will only be effective upon receipt and acknowledgement. The following cancellation policy is:
- More than 45 days’ notice prior to your departure, you receive a 100% refund.
- 30 to 44 days’ notice prior to date of departure, you receive a 75% refund.
- 15 to 29 days’ notice prior to date of departure, you receive a 50% refund.
- 7 to 14 days’ notice prior to date of departure, you receive a 25% refund.
- 1 to 6 days’ notice prior to date of departure, no refund is given.
- No refunds are given for the following reasons:
- Lost travel time,
- substitution of facilities,
- itineraries amended after departure,
- presence of circumstances beyond company control which requires alternative arrangements to be made in order to ensure the safety or further participation and enjoyment of your tour, under presence and circumstance
- lack of your appearance for any accommodation, service, activity or tour segment without prior notice (see above) or,
- premature contract termination.
Non-residents of Tanzania are required by law to pay in foreign convertible currencies. Payment for any extraneous details may be done in travelers checks or cash. We do not encourage using credit card payments at this time, since we have recently had problems with fraud. We do not consider it safe and therefore only accept payment by bank transfer.
We cannot be held responsible for road and airstrip conditions which may make travel impossible at times. Any changes to the initial itinerary are subject to the conditions and rates outlined above despite any access matters or weather conditions.
The Company and its owner, director, management staff, and employees shall not be held responsible for any injury or death to persons on tour, nor for loss or damage to personal property, however they may be caused.
The company draws your attention to the fact that there are certain inherent risks present when on a safari or when engaging in any strenuous physical activity. It is your sole responsibility to obtain appropriate medical advice as to medication, immunization, and whether or not you are fit enough to undertake the trip prior to departure. The company is not liable for illness, injury, or death sustained while visiting the properties owned and managed by the company.
6. Force Majeure
Force Majeure means in relation to the company, any circumstances beyond the control of the company (including and without limitation, acts of God, explosions, floods, tempests, fires, accidents, war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or other outwards occurrences). If the company is affected by force majeure, it shall forthwith notify you of its nature and extent.
7. Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions governing the relationship between the company and you to the total exclusion of any other terms and conditions. No alterations to the terms and conditions may be made by any of the company employees, authorized representatives, or agents, unless in writing by an authorized officer of the company. All decisions and matters subject to the company's discretion shall be made by an authorized officer of the company. The Company reserves the right to employ sub-contractors for all or part of the services.
If you have any cause for complaints while traveling, you must immediately bring it to the attention of the company representative or agent who will attempt to resolve the situation.
The payment of the deposit or any other partial payment for a reservation constitutes consent to all provisions of the Terms and Conditions. The Terms under which you agree to make the reservation cannot be changed or amended unless this is done in writing and signed by an authorized staff member of the company.